Monday, September 29, 2014

Watercolor - Clean and Simple...

Happy Monday, everyone!

Lately I've been working on some projects that are detailed, and filled with techniques and embellishments. My mojo needed a bit of a reboot...it was tired. So I pulled out one of my floral stamps, and the watercolors, and made a card, start to finish, in 2 hours.

I can hear you now, saying to yourself, "that's fast?" Yes, for me, that's fast. I tend to start in one direction, then change to another..for me to design in my head, paint, and assemble in 2 hours is a major accomplishment!  :)




I did add a bit of "shabby" to the card with distressed edges, including, this time, the edges of the card base itself. But I kept the embellishments to a minimum, with a twine bow, a few purple sequins, and a couple lacy die cut corners...




Supplies:
Stamps:   Unity Stamp Co., "Imperfection is Beauty";   Simon Says Stamp "Summer Garden"
Die:   Spellbinders Lace Hearts           Watercolors:   Sakura Koi
Miscellaneous:   black hemp twine,  sequins,   Uni Posca white paint pen



Thanks so much for visiting today. I'll be back Wednesday with another project that's pretty much a total departure from my usual style.

Until then, I hope your week is starting with a smile!






3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, just love the color you have used and love the image you have used too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous and that just in two hours.....WOW.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really beautiful Kathy! Love the water colouring! I am so impressed with people who can do CAS, I cannot stop myself with the darned embellishments! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...