Thursday, September 25, 2014

LOTV - We Wish You a Merry Christmas...

TGIF...happy Friday! Today I have another shabby chic card to share with you, only this time it's as Christmas-y as it can get, and it's once again made with lots of pretty papers from Lili of the Valley

The "Pretty Papers" monthly challenge is still going on over at the LOTV Ideas to Inspire blog - you still have a few days to enter and be eligible for one of the three prizes up for grabs this month!

Today, I've used papers from the new 'Twas the Night paper pad, and lots of glittery die cuts, for this fun card...




I simulated the look of snow on the die cut pine branch by mixing coarse clear glitter with Polar White Flower Soft...


 


More coarse clear glitter was used on the die cut poinsettia, with tiny gold bells in the center to simulate yellow stamens...





Although the name of this particular doily die has nothing to do with Christmas, it makes me think of a snowflake when I tuck it behind other papers, so it was used to brighten up the corner of the card. (And, of course, the edges of the die cut doily had to be glittered, too!)...





This fun shaped sentiment is from LOTV's latest Christmas release - it's in the Set 75, Christmas Wishes  sentiment stamp set...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:   LOTV 'Twas the Night 
Sentiment stamp:   LOTV Set 75, Christmas Wishes
Dies:   Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares,  Classic Squares Large,  Classic Squares Small,  Layered Poinsettia,  Gold Elements One;      
Memory Box Star of Wonder;      Impression Obsession Pine Branch;
Prima Doily #2 Pineapple;      La-La Land Crafts Christmas Tree Hill
Embossing folder:   Cuttlebug Geometric Rings            
Miscellaneous:   Martha Stewart Clear Coarse Glitter;   Polar White Flower Soft;   mini bells; cheesecloth;  white craft paint



Thanks for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!


5 comments:

  1. This is sooooo lovely Kathy! Beautiful sparkly details, and such striking use of colour. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous Christmas card! Love the flower and the sparkling snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Kathy, this is so festive and fantastic! I love your papers and colour palette! I never would have thought blue would go with green and red, but you really proved me wrong! I love the snow and ice crystals! You are such an inspiration, I just love your style! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Kathy! This is just SO GORGEOUS!!! I always love how you put your cards together! Ooho and I love that ice sprinkles!!!!!! Guess what?! Yup! I was playing with that too yesterday! heheheheheh! :) Love Love Love this Kathy!!!

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fanstastic card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...