Wednesday, May 28, 2014

LOTV - Dare to Dream

Hello, there! A little "summer break" is over now, and I'm getting back in my craft room to turn out some finished projects again. :)  I made this card up a bit ago, but with some recent distractions, almost forgot that I hadn't posted it yet.

It's a center-step card, made with graduations in mind, using an encouraging quote/sentiment from LOTV's Quotables / Go For It set, patterned papers from the Bear Necessities pad, and a second, smaller sentiment from the Inspirational Sentiments stamp set...




The floral cluster starts with a large orange rose, surrounded by smaller roses, punched branches, a cluster of stamens, and large dyed seam binding bows loosely draped in the opposite corner. The whole cluster anchors the bottom of a large die cut oval frame. One frame was die cut from tan cardstock and slightly offset from the top white die cut frame, adding some dimension with a light shadow effect...






Once I had the floral cluster finished, I thought the upper corners needed something to counteract the "weight" of the large florals. But the corner die cuts I had weren't working for me...so to the "tool chest" I went...and in one of the drawers I found a couple of these (so glad I didn't purge them in my "great winter cleanout" of my supplies!)...



I cut it in half diagonally using my Tim Holtz Tonic shears...then used Vintaj Patinas and Caramel Alcohol Ink to get the pieces to just the right combination of color and shabbiness before gluing them to the corners of the card using Glossy Accents...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Lili of the Valley Bear Necessities paper pad
Stamps:   Lili of the Valley Set 63, Quotables/Go For It;  and Inspirational Sentiments
Die:   Memory Box Tiffany Frame
Punch:   Punch Bunch Large Fern          Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com
Flowers and stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts              Pearls:   Recollections
Miscellaneous:   Hug Snug seam binding, craft store metal corner, Vintaj Patinas and Caramel Alcohol Ink


Thanks for stopping by today...I hope your week is going well!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely card ...happy crafting ....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.. lovely flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, they're always so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card. Love how you made the corner pieces!
    The quote is fab and the dies and flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...