Saturday, September 7, 2013

You're the Best...

Surprise...here I am on a Saturday!  With the holiday earlier this week my posting schedule changed up a bit (which really means I got distracted and didn't get my posts pre-scheduled as I could have...LOL).

I love using dark gray with lighter pastels...the patterned papers chosen for today's card looked so pretty against both pastel pink and dark grey that I couldn't decide between them, so I used both colors for accents. The three pennants on the left side started as one block of patterned paper with the rose image on the side. It looked a little too "predictable" in a solid block, so I cut it into strips, notched the ends on the outside, and placed them close together in a sort of triptych pattern, with a piece of paper doily gathered along the side edges...




The largest rose is another made using Spellbinders' Rose Creations dies...




To make the pink flourishes and leaves show up a little more, I offset the flourishes with dark gray cardstock, and the leaves with dark green cardstock...




I've had the taupe small roses for a while now, and they blended wonderfully with the colors on this card...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima Nature Garden collection
Dies:   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Sentiment stamp:   Technique Tuesday/Ali Edwards          Pearls:   Recollections
Mini roses:   LayoutsFromTheHeart on Etsy (taupe);   Wild Orchid Crafts (pink)          Wilton doily



Thanks for visiting today...I hope you're have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Kathy! Love the colours and cutting the sentiment panel into three is a great touch! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card hun, love the soft colour tones. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors n lovely rose..I loved the banners too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card, love the roses and flourishes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...