Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mojo Monday 309...Celebrate...

This week I'm getting caught up on photos and editing, and while I was at it, I even got a new card made in time to participate in the current sketch challenge at Mojo Monday.

I was in the mood for some bright colors, so I pulled out the Glitz Pretty In Pink 6x6 paper pad and found just what I wanted...dark pink with brown and tan...perfect for easing out of summer and into fall colors. And in the spirit of honesty, the sentiment placement came about solely because I forgot to leave room for the sentiment where I originally had planned it. Yep, that's what happens around here when I try to be creative on the heels of a migraine that only allowed me 3 hours sleep the night before...heehee.

So after I had the center pieces all assembled and glued together, I pondered using one of the memo pins with sentiment tag that I'm so fond of...but then decided I wanted to be a little more resourceful than that. I began the search through some of my lesser-used sentiment stamp sets to see if there was something in my stash that I could play around with. Luckily, there was...and it was a perfect fit!




And here's the current inspiration sketch that the card was based on. As I so often do, I made little "alterations" between the sketch and my finished card design, but this time, just some slight ones...





Here are those pink and plum stamens again...the ones I almost didn't buy...once again, the perfect "fit"...




The tiny brown roses were shipped to me by mistake. I ordered white lilies, but got brown roses...hmmm, someone trying to tell me something? lol  I did get the white lilies, and was told to keep the brown roses...and what do you know?  Once again, something I thought I'd get no use from is the perfect little touch on top of the shabby ivory fabric rose...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Glitz Pretty in Pink collection          Edge punch:   Martha Stewart Doily Lace
Die:   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves          Fabric flower:   Frogfeathers on Etsy
Paper roses:   LayoutsFromTheHeart on Etsy (pink);   Wild Orchid Crafts (brown)
Stamens:   ChocolateLetters on Etsy          Pearls:   Prima          Sentiment stamp:   Papertrey Ink
Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com           Miscellaneous:   handcrafted stick pin, hemp cords, tea-dyed cheesecloth



So there it is...a card where I forgot to leave room for the sentiment I'd originally planned, embellished with a small bunch of pink stamens that I hesitated hitting the "buy" button on, and brown roses that were a mistake shipment that I almost gave away because, really, when would I use brown roses???...and somehow it all came together in a bright and sassy and shabby card that I'm very happy with.  Go figure! :)

Thanks for stopping by to visit today!




3 comments:

  1. SUch a lovely card and fab take on sketch ..I am still struggling with mine,I loved the tilted rectangular panels ..I just couldn't get them proper on my card..You are amazing Kathy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, it all works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...