Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello, Autumn!...

My favorite season of the year is officially here. The leaves haven't started to change just yet, but with the days getting shorter, it will start soon.  We have a few roads around here that are so beautiful in the spring, lined with trees that sprout with pink, white, and lavender blossoms. As pretty as they are in spring, those streets are even prettier in the fall when the leaves turn shades of gold, orange, and deep purple.

So Saturday, since it was a rainy and thundery day, seemed like the perfect time to make up a card using deeper, autumn tones. Out came the deep purple, dusty grey-blue, and deep gold cardstocks, and off I went into the drawer of "older" patterned papers to find just the right one. And that's when this card became another example of why I'm glad I didn't toss/purge/donate some of my papers just because they're more than a few seasons old (and a reminder to myself that I need to visit the papers in those drawers a little more often than I do!).




The large rose is made using Spellbinders Rose Creations dies...I added a "shabby" embossing powder detail around the edges with a powder that's sprinkled with pale blue fine glitter in the mix...





It's a bit hard to see the true color in the pics, but the leaves and the sentiment tag are edged with Eggplant colored ink, the same color as the base of the card...




And here's another "gussied" up memo pin holding the little sentiment tag...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Basic Grey Wisteria/Violet and Stone Wall
Dies:   Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Postage Stamp Frame;   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   
Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com          Mini roses and stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:   Recollections          Memo Pin:  Tim Holtz



Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!




5 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy I love your wonderful card, the colours are so beautiful as are all the details.
    I live in the Highlands of Scotland and Autumn is here already, my favourite season too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely ! I liked the colors very much ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So gorgeous! I really love the mix of colours, the rich purple and bronze shades go so well together.

      Emma x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...