Friday, September 13, 2013

"Fully Loaded"...

Happy Friday the 13th! May you defy all the superstitions and have nothing but great, good, happy luck today! :)

"Fully loaded" is what I jokingly called today's card once I was finished with it...it's loaded with embellishments. And since summer temps are hanging on with a vengeance around here, I went with summery colors of pink, yellow, and bright green, but used grey and black to add a bit of drama and contrast...





At the center of the floral cluster is a large pink fabric rose. It's surrounded with paper roses of pink and yellow, but the bow from the black twine wrapped around the sentiment block adds a stark accent...





The sentiment was stamped into the upper corner of the block, and the chipboard heart accent in the corner is painted, distressed, and coated with clear German glass glitter. A small sweetheart blossom and a few pearls were added inside the heart, to offset those on the other side of the sentiment...



Supplies:
Patterned papers:   My Minds Eye Miss Caroline/Fiddlesticks collection (gray),   Miss Caroline/Howdy Doody collection (yellow),   Bramble Rose collection (floral);    Authentique Cherish "E" (6x6) (pink)
Sentiment stamp:   Papertrey Ink          Dies:   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves          Fabric rose:   local craft store
Paper flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com          Chipboard heart:   Maya Road
Pearls:   Recollections          Miscellaneous:   Wilton doily, hemp twine, clear German glass glitter



Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...have a wonderful weekend!


5 comments:

  1. How gorgeous card, the heavenly beautiful! I admire all the cards you have made. Sunny weekend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is divine, love the pink roses.. and when I first saw fully loaded... it took me back to my baby days.. and my kids nappy's... sometimes they were 'fully loaded'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful Kathy. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the freshness greens n yellows bring to this fully loaded card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card with a great sentiment too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...