Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cream and Ivory...

Today's card is a true monochromatic little number, with lots of texture from embossing folders, and lots of lacy touches from the edge punch and braided lace across the front. Three different embossing folders were used to make the textured sections across the front...




The side view makes it a bit easier to see the lacy punched edge detail...





The largest rose in the cluster is made using Spellbinders' Rose Creations dies...the smaller flowers are pre-made, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how perfectly they matched...




It's no secret I love using memo pins for sentiment tags...makes it easy when I change my mind and want to use the card for a different occasion...just swap out the tag...plus, it's fun to "gussy up" the memo pins...


Supplies:
Edge punch:   Martha Stewart Embroidery Deep Edge
Embossing folders:   Cuttlebug Polka Dots, Kassies Brocade, Modern Wallpaper
Dies:   Spellbinders Rose Creations;   Spellbinders Floral Flourishes;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Small paper roses:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Stamens:   ChocolateLetters on Etsy
Pearls:   Recollections          Tim Holtz Memo Pin (embellished and painted)



Thanks for visiting today!



15 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card once again Kathy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, I like it alot.

    Hugs, Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the flowers and the frilly bottom edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work of art......so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is truly adorable and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its Gorgeous !! A wonderful combination of textures and lacy punched edge ..loved the rose n lovely flower cluster

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real beauty of a card Kathy~ love the textures, lace borders and fabulous trinket pin! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great ideas here! Thank you so much for taking your time to share with us all.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Воздушна и легка, как сама фея, которая спряталась в цветах!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just STUNNING I love every detail, I have sent you an email, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breathtaking card, Kathy! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you don't mind, but Kate Palmer is doing a giveaway on her blog
    (http://www.sparkletart.com/rsr/2013/09/sharin-the-love-birthday-giveaway.html#comment-6a0120a6c1ddcf970b019aff9fb98a970b)
    and one of her requirements is to choose and add a link to one your favorite blogs or YouTubers. I included your blog posting above - although I encouraged everyone to explore when they come visit! I find lots of inspiration from you cards,and only wish you made videos, too. That being said, I look forward to your blog posts and I am never disappointed! Thank you Kathy - hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...