Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Birthday...It's Official...

TGIF!  The end of the week is here...and I just realized as I'm writing this that it's been a week of all square cards on the blog. It doesn't usually happen this way...I try to vary the shapes and sizes of the cards I make in any week, but this week it didn't work out that way for some reason. LOL

Today I have birthday card to share using several Lili of The Valley stamps. I masked off a part of Set 53, Vintage Backs/Flora and Fauna to allow room for the sentiment from Set 61, Quotables/Celebrate, making this combination the "patterned paper" block that's the focal point of the card...






I wanted to add a "happy birthday" tag next to the floral cluster, but didn't want to cover any more of the paper around the larger stamped sentiment, and there wasn't a lot of room to the left of it all, so I went for something a little more whimsical.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Set 58, Pretty Grungy/Good Times, using black Staz-On ink, onto a piece of clear plastic, then punched out the sentiment with a 1-1/4" circle punch.  This way you can see the sentiment, but still see the materials behind it. After punching a tiny hole on the right side of the tag, just large enough for a piece of crochet thread, I tied the tag around the base of the rose buds and tucked the ends down underneath the flowers...




Here are a couple close-ups of the rosebuds and tiny pearl flourishes in the floral cluster surrounding the sentiments...




Supplies:
Stamps:  Lili of the Valley (LOTV) Set 61, Quotables/Celebrate;  Set 53, Vintage Backs/Flora and Fauna;
Set 58, Pretty Grungy/Good Times
Patterned paper:   My Minds Eye Miss Caroline/Dolled Up collection (pink gingham)
Pearls:   Zva          Ribbon:   Offray          Lace:   local craft store          Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts


Thanks so much for visiting today...have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous creation. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card, love the stitching and flowers... great stamping too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, just love your creations, one very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! Well this is simply STUNNING as always! I realllly love the soft pretty colors and you coloured it BEAUTIFULLY! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOvely card and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...