Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Masculine Card Filled with Texture...

I've mentioned before the trouble I have making masculine cards...they fall outside my usual style loaded with frilly embellishments.  And try as I might, clean and simple is hard for me to pull off...one of the reasons I so admire those who make such beautiful CAS cards.

So when asked to make a masculine card, I made sure my friend knew of this, so she would be extra patient with me as I threw ideas her way. :)  My friend decided this card, with the deeper masculine colors, and loaded with texture, was the one she wanted...






The large "pocket" loaded with burlap, cheesecloth, patterned paper pieces, and corrugated cardboard is anchored at the top with a large dual toned button laced with burlap twine...




At the other end of the pocket, the sentiment is stamped and sits inside a large metal decorative plate...




At the top of the patterned papers and cardboard inside the pocket is a black metal clip adorned with a tiny key tied on with burlap twine...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Authentique Gathering collection
Tim Holtz Ornate Plate          Hug Snug seam binding          Creative Imaginations pewter gems
Sentiment stamp:   Hero Arts          7 Gypsies paper clip
Miscellaneous:   cheesecloth, burlap, corrugated cardboard, buttons, twine, key charm


Thanks for visiting today!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Yes, this is blokey! love the hessian, the big button and the metal plate under the sentiment.. looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...