Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello, Monday!...

I'm still enjoying a renewed creative streak lately...looks like that small break a few weeks ago was just what I needed after all! :)

Today's card is another light and airy, shabby, summer-y number, in cream and the palest of greens.  I blended some newer Prima papers with some "older" Pink Paislee papers. (I love the challenge of blending my new supplies with older ones, especially when I can blend the styles of two or more different manufacturers.)

I left any sentiment off for now, knowing that I can add a decorative stick pin and sentiment tag later on if I want...





Once again, I used Spellbinders' Grand Peony Creations die for the large centerpiece flower, accenting the edges with a green to blend with the greens in the patterned papers.  I used Scattered Straw Distress Ink and water on a craft mat to color the stamens as close to the paper color as I could...




Inside the torn piece on the bottom, a cocoa-colored mini rose, inked mini leaves, and a tiny twine bow...




I added a trio of mini roses in the upper corner to add a little contrast to the card...


Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Prima Botanical collection (floral & text);   Pink Paislee Queen Bee collection (pale green solid, green diamond print, dark dotted print)
Dies:   Spellbinders Grand Peony Creations;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Rose cotton lace:   Prima           Mini roses and flower stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts          Hug Snug seam binding
Miscellaneous craft store supplies:   pearl trim, twine, cheesecloth


Thanks for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!


2 comments:

  1. Your cards are amazing! Love this one!! the green is so fresh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...