Friday, May 10, 2013

Just a (Shabby) Note...

When I lose my creative mojo for cards, I usually pull out miscellaneous supplies that I haven't used for a while and make embellishments.  It's fun because I can just let the process flow naturally...no specific colors I have to use, no rhyme or reason needed...just create for the sake of creating. Last month, I got out a package of Maya Road chipboard pieces - some of them were dress forms.  I played around and decorated a few of the dress forms with papers, washi tapes, laces, gems, flowers, etc., and since I didn't have an immediate use for them, put them into my stash of "ready to go" embellishments.

So when I was ready to make up today's card, I pulled one of those "ready to go" dress forms out of the stash, added a couple goose feathers to the back for extra fun, and designed a card around it.

I put together another shabby-looking digital paper for the main background, and paired it with a scrap of one of my favorite "older" Melissa Frances papers...added a strip of crocheted lace, mulberry flowers, and a piece of doily...well, you get the idea...here's how it turned out...




I decided to follow the line along the center of the dress form, where the bow and pearls already sat, and put a small cluster of pink and lilac mini roses, accented with a few white stamens and tiny leaves to the left side...




and along the right side, a pretty pink lace trim with rolled roses and a pearl accent...




On the inside, I "shabbied up" the edges of the blank cream cardstock with ink and a distressing tool...

Supplies:
Patterned papers:  Melissa Frances Flora  (pink dot); Playing with Brushes Torn Paper edge and Designer Digitals KPertiet Color Challenge 30109-1 (green digital paper)
Chipboard dress form:   Maya Road       White crocheted lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com      
Pink rosette trim:   SuhaFuha on Etsy       Paper roses & white stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts       
Pearls:  Recollections and Prima       Sentiment block:   Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die
Dies:   My Favorite Things Royal Leaves and Mini Rolled Roses       Tim Holtz Tissue Tape       Hug Snug Seam Binding
Miscellaneous supplies:  goose feathers, Wilton doily, pearl ribbon, satin ribbons, vellum (rolled rose)



Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today...have a wonderful weekend!





6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Kathy, and what a good idea when the mojo is a bit slow.. still creating and then there are these lovely embellishments ready to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, love all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! I love all your shabby cards,and this one is fabulous. I love the stitching and all the details you've added. What a great idea to get embellishments ready to use before hand,great tip.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card! Love how you decorated the dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes this is fabulous, I wish I could do this when I HAVE mojo!!! Fabulous card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...