Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mister...

If you've been keeping tabs on me for a while, you know my "natural" style of shabby with lots of flowers doesn't really work for everything. There are times when you want handcrafted cards for the men in your family who aren't impressed with those shabby floral arrangements. :)  So it takes a bit more thought and planning for me to come up with cards with more masculine themes and looks.

You might recognize the vintage auto graphic on today's card...I've used it before, but in a different way.  This time, I made the collage the size of the whole front of the card, changed the background papers, added a couple birds...well, see for yourself...





The color combo is a little unexpected...dark purple/blue, with leafy green, and kraft...the dark berry spray (which is labelled "blue" on the packaging) on the left side was the catalyst for this color combo, and I like how it turned out!  




I printed out two copies of the collage, hand cut the birds out of one, and matted them over the other collage with foam tape so they gave some dimension to the front.  A heavy coating of clear coarse glitter over the crown gives it some texture...




Since I knew just who this card was for, I went ahead and printed the sentiment onto the cream cardstock before stitching it to the inside mat and adhering it inside the card...


Supplies:
Berry spray:   Petaloo       Leaf pin:   Maya Road       Hug Snug seam binding
Digital Collage elements:
Torn paper background:   PlayingWithBrushes on Flickr
Background paper:   Carina Gardner Curio 7
Music sheet, vintage auto:   FreeVintageDigiStamps.blogspot.com
Chocolate label, sitting blue bird:   TheGraphicsFairy.com
Florals:   VintageImages.org
Flying bird with note:   Bumblebutton,blogspot.com


Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous male card!! I love the vintage car image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень красивая открытка! Прекрасное исполнение!
    С теплом, Елена

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...