Sunday, April 21, 2013

TSTR - Spring Bliss...

It's the start of a new week, and  I'm tickled pink to have been invited to be a Guest Designer at The Shabby Tea Room . With the theme "Spring Bliss," you know it's going to be another fun challenge!  Debbie's our host, and our challenge is to use yellow, green, and white, and include a flower and polka dots.

Here's my card for this week's challenge...



based on this pretty photo:




Yes, I can guess what you're probably thinking. When I first saw this photo, I pulled daisies out of my flower stash to use on my card.  But then I remembered that I had some cherry blossoms in there, too...and cherry blossoms are one of the first signs of spring...so white cherry blossoms it was...just for the fun of it. :) 

As you can see, there was a lot of die-cutting done for this card.  The outside finished dimensions are 4" x 6", and the largest die on the front is backed with lightweight white chipboard to support the edges while the card is standing upright.  The inside die cut topped with the yellow polka dot paper is adhered with foam tape for just a bit of dimension.

Then the spray of cherry blossoms, leaves, pearls, and a small yellow seam binding bow were added...




and just a snippet of pretty white lace topped with a double line of white pearls...




and lastly, a peek at the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned paper:   Echo Park Dots & Stripes/Candy Shoppe collection
Dies:   Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles;  Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork;  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Cherry blossoms:  Wild Orchid Crafts       Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com       Pearls:   Recollections
Sentiment stamp:   Inkadinkado       Hug Snug seam binding


Thanks for stopping in for a visit...I hope your week is starting with a smile!






6 comments:

  1. This is super lovely.. I love the shaped card.. and all your flowers make it look so fresh.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Kathy! What a perfect take on the inspiration picture! I am a new follower and I can't wait to see what else you create! :-)
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning and elegant. Absolutely lovely! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ~Shawnie B.
    www.CardsByShawnie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kathy. I absolutely love the new Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle die set. There is a way to cut these new intricate filigree dies so the card has a hinge without backing it with chipboard. I'm going to leave the link to the post and video tutorial. I tired it and it worked like a charm. This is an absolutely gorgeous design, Kathy. And you know what I like the white cheery blossoms as much as daisies : ) Love your work.

    Here's the link: http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/filigree-hinged-card-tutorial-and-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, your card is so gorgeous! I love the elegant spellbinders dies and your selection of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, Kathy!! I love the yellow dotted paper, and the beautiful flowers you've clustered together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...