Monday, November 5, 2012

A New Week...A New Card...

Happy Monday!  For those of you who, like us, participate in the Daylight Savings/Standard Time exercise each year, are you happy for that extra hour we got on Saturday night? To be honest, it's my favorite night of the year, because I use that extra hour for sleep...LOL  Although, I will admit, the darkness that comes even earlier each day messes up my body clock and my late-afternoon energy levels for a week or so.  I've been busy here and there in the Korner, mostly working on a project that I'll share next week, but I did get a card or two done, too...so I have something to share this week. :)

Today's card is another birthday card with supplies that are a mix of new items, with items from my "leftover bag"...bits and pieces that were originally meant to be used on another project but weren't and ended up being saved for use another time. They all ended up coming together like this...


It all started with the pretty digital background paper from By Digital Paper on Etsy (I had used one of the aqua papers from this set on another card last week...this is one of the white sheets, even though it does appear a bit "blue" in these photos).  My leftover bag contained the chipboard heart frame that had already been painted, inked, and stitched...and I found a digi collage I had made that fit inside the frame and blended beautifully with the digital background paper.  Then it was just a matter of gluing on the crystal trim and adding a light coat of clear coarse glitter...


...a couple little dyed seam binding bows topped with a smattering of clear crystals and white pearls...


...and finally an embellished leaf stick pin fashioned into a sentiment tag holder slipped beneath the chipboard frame, and it's done...

Supplies:
Patterned paper: Color Labels from ByDigitalPaper.etsy.com      Chipboard heart frame & Leaf stick pin: Maya Road
Rose collage elements: The Feathered Nest (rose image); The Vintage Workshop (carte postale)
Diecut border: Spellbinders Ironwork Accents      Hug Snug seam binding      Crystal trim: local craft store

Thanks so much for visiting today...I hope your week is starting with a smile!

8 comments:

  1. HI.. This is soo pretty, I love the heart of bling, and the image is so pretty.. your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what and beautiful card simply gorgeous love it and love the bling...hug sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so beautiful! I love the rhinestone heart frame you've created!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always. Love that crystal heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The focal point is just so so gorgeous!!! Love the heart frame with gems, so pretty! Lovely decorative border and pin! It makes for the perfect birthday card...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kathy! Amoung many creative blogs, your,s is really one of my favourite. Your creations comunicate with my heart and soul, so so beautiful, I just love colours your choose to put togeter, warm and loving images. So ful of heart. It is not so long I found your blog, I,m glad I did.
    Warm regards from Slovenia/Europe, Tanja E:))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, you've got wondelfull style :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...