Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Sunshiny Heart...

I love the sentiment in the vintage image on this card. I had printed it out a while back in anticipation of the fall holidays, and realized yesterday...that's now! So here's the first of probably several Thanksgiving cards you'll see here in the next few weeks...



Even the ruler paper had the word "happy" on it...the fact that it still showed after I adhered the image was a "happy" accident...


After painting the chipboard heart frame, I added a coating of clear German glass glitter...I love the texture and slight sparkle this glitter gives to things...


After tucking a few mini banners behind the image, I thought it needed a softer edge, so I crumpled up a small piece of tea-dyed cheesecloth between the image and the banners...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park This & That Charming collection; Echo Park Dots & Stripes
Candy Shoppe collection (brown stripe)
Vintage image: Dover Publications      Chipboard heart: Maya Road      Pearls: Recollections
Scalloped lace: TheFunkieJunkie.com (tea-dyed)      Cream paper roses: CathieFilian on Etsy      Hug Snug seam binding
Miscellaneous: clear German glass glitter, button, crochet thread, cheesecloth

Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you're having a great week so far!

9 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card! I love the colors and all details)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooowww this card is so lovely :):)
    really nice colours paper and details!

    vera

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quanto amor...adoro o coração em volta da imagem...e cores lindas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Kathy! That sweet image and your treatment of it...a perfect match!!! I don't think I've come across any Dover pubs. in the past few years...can you tell me which pub? I would love to get it!!!! Thanks and Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the sweet vintage image! Gorgeous heart, banner, and flowers! Wonderful sentiment, too! It all makes for the perfect Thanksgiving Day card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love that vintage image, and the little pit of pearl flourish is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous !
    I have been looking around your blog, and my goodness it's a lot of beautiful cards.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...