Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mojo 257...

I sat in the Korner Friday afternoon...ready to make a card or two...and my mind went blank.  Creative mojo? gone...imagination? MIA.  So I turned to some sketch sites for inspiration...and when I found Mojo Monday's sketch for this week, I had a winner!  Lots of layers?...check...multiple opportunities for embellishments?...check.  After I had all the pieces cut and arranged, and ready for inking, sewing, and gluing, I realized it was a very familiar color palette that I had chosen...pink, tan, & cream - with touches of green. After spending so much time looking for design inspiration, I wasn't about to waste more time changing my color preferences, and I got right to work creating with the familiar.

So it's just a short post-and-run today...with one little pretty to share...


a few layers are adhered with foam tape for dimension (plus, it makes it easier to add little touches when you get a sudden inspiration after you've already attached pieces :) )


Supplies:
Patterned papers: Graphic 45 a Ladies' Diary      Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts     
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 8, Decorative Labels 8, Classic Scalloped Circles Small, Classic Scalloped Circles Large;
My Favorite Things Royal Leaves; Sizzix Flowers Branches and Leaves
Paper roses: Prima      Rosebuds: ViolaMahr on Etsy      Scalloped Lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet

And here's the sketch that it's based on...



Thanks for stopping by today...hope you're having a fun weekend!


4 comments:

  1. What a stunning card! So pretty, i love all your details.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, so romantic!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, this is stunning...so glad you played long with us at Mojo Monday....have a great weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...