Monday, July 30, 2012

Playing with Carta Bella...

Happy Monday, all!  After an extra busy week last week, I sat down to play with papers from a new paper company...Carta Bella. Carina Gardner designed a beautiful collection called, appropriately, "Beautiful Moments," that's filled with wonderful patterns in pink, burgundy, gold, and brown. I'm still waiting for my 6x6 pad of reduced patterns to arrive, but in the meantime, I picked up a few full-size 12x12 sheets to play with.

For this card, I started with the "Cherish Paper" that has one side filled with decorative circles. I punched one with my 1-3/4" circle punch to form the medallion that's the focal point of this card (it's surrounded with scalloped circle punches in graduated larger sizes).  The pretty damask is the back of the "Stripes Paper."


I did a little "faux stitching" following the dotted lines in the pattern by punching and drawing the "thread" with a fine black pen between the punches, and added some mini pearls outside the "stitch" lines and a small pearl circle in the center for added charm.



The wide scalloped lace was purchased in white. After tea-dying it, I colored a few of the rows with an EK Success water pen and Spun Sugar Distress Ink refill ink.  To the eye, the pink shades are the same between the lace and the papers...but apparently not to the camera! :)


 A little peek at the inside...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Carta Bella Beautiful Moments/Cherish Paper and Stripes Paper; Crate Paper Circa 1934 collection (black/cream); Prima Romantique (cream rose print)
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities; My Favorite Things Royal Leaves; Memory Box Woven Circle
Punches: EK Success circle and scalloped circles      Pearls: Recollections and Prima
Paper roses: Prima      Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink      Scalloped crochet lace: Fields of Dreams on Etsy

New projects will arrive a little slower this week from my little Korner workroom, so don't fret if you don't see another card for a few days.  It's all good, but I have some *major* straightening up to do after last week's frenzy of cardmaking (some of which you'll see here in a week or so), and then I can get busy making a new mess! LOL

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping in for a visit!

1 comment:

  1. This is truly and work of art, Kathy! Every layer and detail is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...