Thursday, April 5, 2012

Slowly but surely...

OK...I'm publicly admitting something most people know, but I resist admitting.  As you get older, you don't bounce back as quickly from what used to be considered a minor injury. What may have taken 2-3 days to recover from at 30, takes longer when you're....well, older than that. (You thought I was going to tell my age, didn't you? Yeah...I'm not ready to admit that...heehee!)

And, I've rediscovered how *un*sedentary I am when I craft.  I'm standing up, sitting down, kneeling down, twisting around, reaching for things, getting up to get to others...and I'm not able to do that this week.  I've never been someone who's patient with the recovery process when it's my own, and now I'm ready to get back to my normal routines...and my leg is hollering a resounding "oh no, you're not!"

Slowly but surely I'm getting there, though...yesterday I was back to crafting for a few hours, and again last night for a few more. It's just slower going than usual.  And I once again appreciate the days I'm able to wake up healthy and pain-free and safe.  It takes an occasional knock-down lesson to make some of us appreciate our good health, and I got a little knock-down lesson this week.  I get it.

Here are a couple 3-1/2"x5" mini all-occasion note cards that I worked on yesterday.  There was a wedding card by Julie Overby posted  here on the Spellbinders blog a while back, using the Romantic Rectangles die, that gave me the initial idea for this monochromatic card. I used cream instead of white, and dusted my embossing folder with a light coating of Antique Linen Distress Ink to add just a hint of contrast to the background piece.  The butterfly is lightly dusted with clear coarse glitter...




Supplies:
Spellbinders dies: Classic Ovals Large, Floral Ovals, Romantic Rectangles, & Wonderful Wings
Floral clipart: The Graphics Fairy and Dover Publications      Clear glitter: Martha Stewart     
Pearls: Recollections      Hug Snug seam binding      Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder

Thanks for stopping by for a visit...I'll have another card to share on Saturday...hope to see you then!


2 comments:

  1. I always love reading your posts! Your cards are always so gorgeous!
    I hope your leg heals soon...it is a drag to be "held back" from creating!

    That coarse glitter is one of your trademark items...it really sets off anything you put it on. In this case it so highlights that butterfly.

    I wish you lived closer and gave classes at my local scrapbook store...I would waiting for the doors to open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Sorry you are not bouncing back so quick! I know the feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...