Friday, April 20, 2012

Beautiful Roses to End the Week...

Over at The Shabby Tea Room, the challenge this week is called "Beautiful Roses."  You know just the title alone caught my attention!  Then there was this pretty little inspiration picture,
with requirements to use aqua, pink, naturals, and flowers...hmmm, I think I can do that.  In fact, I've done that so many times that if you're a little tired of seeing that combo here on my blog, I apologize and will do my best to whip up something a little different for Monday's post...LOL  It's just such a darn pretty combo that for some of us, it's hard to stray from what always makes us smile as we work.

This little number, made in pale and subtle shades of aqua and pink, practically made itself...


The flower cluster is made with a base of cheesecloth and tulle, topped with a large rolled fabric flower adorned with paper roses and a little crackled chipboard heart...


Die cut, distressed and inked leafy branches and tea-stained scalloped lace add a little more texture to balance out the flower cluster...

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Collage Press/Pink Paislee London Market collection
Paper roses & pearl flourishes: Prima      Branch die: Sizzix      Heart die: Papertrey Ink
Crackle Paint: Ranger/Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle      Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities
Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch      Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Stain
Scalloped Lace: The Funkie Junkie on Zibbet.com      Fabric rose: Creative Imaginations     Hug Snug seam binding

I have photos for a second little pretty also made for this challenge, so I'll be back in a bit for my second post for today.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit!



6 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is gorgeous! SO many pretty layers.. sweet scalloped edge. YUMMY!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Your cards are stunning and the details are perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Kathy! You have a playful style that really shines through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card .......so many pretty details. I love the flower you created and the chip board heart...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...